Cisco Technical Leader in Austin, Texas
Additional Location(s) or Information: San Jose, CA Job Category: Engineer - Software Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1015410
Description: "What You'll Do The Corporate Affairs organization is the focal point for developing and implementing certain foundational Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs by leveraging our core competencies as well as educating and informing the Cisco family and our key external stakeholders on our CSR efforts. The team's vision is to enhance Cisco's value as a leading global corporate citizen by leading, innovating, and supporting our sustainable business practices, socioeconomic initiatives, and public benefit investment.et transition. And we do the right thing by supporting organizations that address global social challenges. CA is also responsible for delivering an innovative way of Learning through its Network Academy Platform that is currently used in 120 counties to deliver various courses including CCNA.
" "Who You'll Work With As a member of CA Engineering’s solution architecture team, the candidate will lead Architecture and building next generation learning management solutions. You will: • Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
• Create reusable components and services using Microservices and Containers.
• You’ll scale out the platform to process thousands of events per minute, and be the expert in our team for running stream processing systems."
"Who You Are
You will have experience with the following: ● Senior technical leader with proven track records ● Must be able to work cohesively within the team and with strategic partners to building industry leading solutions for next generation Big Data systems.
● Excellent communication, presentation skills is a must. ●Excellent technical writing skills and effective planning skills and the ability to work to prioritize and move forward multiple deliverables at the same time ● Ability to work with and bring together different groups, teams, and projects and Must be a self-starter, constantly learning and a team player
Our minimum requirements for this role: ● 10+ years industry experience with Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Management ● Strong knowledge of core software technologies and fundamentals – specifically for large-scale distributed systems – and building highly available services.
● Micro - services discovery/registry in micro services cluster, like Netflix Eureka or Consul or etcd or Apache zookeeper is required ● Technical Experience for integration of automation frameworks across SaaS enterprise solutions though demonstrated experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers through APIs and understanding of the full agile lifecycle application development.
● Lead and deliver platform security related strategy initiatives based upon an understanding of current security trends ● Must be familiar with not only popular open source technology, such as NoSQL DB, message bus, configuration tools, monitoring & analytics tools, etc, but also full stack development frameworks from front end GUI to restful API to middleware to backend DB access. Understand the pros and cons of each technology, and clearly know how to select at different scenario.
● Hands on experience building RESTful API’s using Jersey or Apache CXF or any framework of the like.
● Strong experience in architecting scalable & Highly available applications leveraging latest tools and technologies.
● Extensive hands on experience in Enterprise Java from scalability and performance stand point.
"Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco. "
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
Technical Leader Austin TX US R1015410-en_US