Continental Corporation Territory Sales Manager - Austin, Texas in Austin, Texas
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 49768BR
Job Title Territory Sales Manager - Austin, Texas
Country United States
Posting Location Austin, TX
Truck Tire Territory Sales Manager Position is currently available in Austin, Texas
Develop Business partnerships with key accounts and coordinate sales and training with each account on regional level. Drive sales for CTNA product and assist in retain sell outs.
• Retain and grow existing accounts and solicit new business by executing the sales strategy
• Effectively manage territory through prioritization and maximum efficiency to ensure that corporate objectives, including established call frequencies and individual objectives are met.
• Develop and maintain territory coverage plan. Territory, Account, Opportunity and Call planning
• Sales calls – Face to face meetings with call plans followed up by one page call reports
• Develop and maintain sales activity at key regional fleets, both national account and dealer controlled within areas of geographic responsibility. Achieve assigned sales targets in assigned region and accounts. Function as account manager for target dealers as assigned by key account and regional managers. Participate in sales meetings, product and training meetings and new account development at target dealers. Identify opportunities for new product lines. Assist in the development of product strategy per key account to ensure current product lines are renewed or discarded in a normal product life cycle plan so that competition is not able to circumvent the market share of CTNA at the account.
• Assist Region and District Manager in developing programs and concepts to achieve sales and profit objectives. Monitor progress to objectives and aid the customer in developing and implementing corrective action plans, when needed.
• Develop and provide training for both company and dealer personnel. Conduct oneonone training on product, selling and inventory management.
• Conduct market intelligence to ensure sell out pricing in retail market. Analyze customers and market conditions to provide management with data about market trends, competitive products, pricing, promotions and programs, and assist in monthly article forecast with regional management. Identify opportunities and market new product lines through customer needsanalysis and knowledge of competitor products.
• Direct the Inside Sales team on necessary support processes.
• Assist in coordination, monitoring, and managing inventory and production planning to meet the forecast and unit objectives per key account. Ensure forecasting by article number is current and accurate to ensure supply to retailers.
• Administration – Manage and resolve all operational and administrative issues that occur with the key accounts, such as billing errors, shipping errors, and other claim issues. Respond to all inquiries both internal and external, on a timely basis; prepare weekly itineraries and expense reports; prepare routine and special reports as required by management; and maintain a professional image.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2+ years of outside sales experience
Ability to travel 50%
Strong Microsoft Office Skills
Valid Driver's License
5+ years of outside sales experience from the Tire industry
*No visa sponsorship is available for this job
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to NAFTArecruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.