Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Warehouse and Sales Associate - (BA16411) in austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: Warehouse and Sales Associate
DIVISION: Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work. The Donated Goods Division funds a large part of this mission.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse and Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service as a first point of contact to the Outlet customers. Additionally this position is has cash handling responsibilities. This position partners with team members in a fast-paced environment to expedite merchandise to and from Outlet sales floor; and provides operational support to the management team.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please consider the job location of the GRC Outlet when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs to which you can travel. As a member of Goodwill Central Texas Outlet Sales Staff, and as a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule in support of the Outlet store retail operation opening, production, and closing. This schedule will include work on some weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides professional and friendly customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store/outlet layout.
- Accurately handle cash, including, but not limited to, making change, operating and maintaining the cash register and credit card machine, and using a calculator when needed.
- Maintain knowledge of merchandise and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
- Maintain Outlet sorting tables stocked with merchandise, keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (furniture), and assist customers with purchase selection/pricing if requested.
- Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to Goodwill uniform standards.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
- Comply with all GCT policies, including, but not limited to, reporting theft or misuse of company property or other illegal activities.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and comply with Corporate Compliance Program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
- Maintain familiarity with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
- Perform Outlet store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping and wiping production tables.
- Occasionally assist donors and customers outside of the GRC Outlet, greet donors, receive donations, and supply donors with receipts.
- Communicates our mission and vision effectively to our donors and customers.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of six months of previous work experience, or the equivalent educational or vocational experience.
- Ability to understand English and interact with customers and employees.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
- Ability to perform basic math computations (e.g., computing percentages).
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain accuracy
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8-hour per shift).
- Ability to bend, lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment.
- Working knowledge of a cash register.
- Multilingual with complete fluency in English.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$9.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications
Full time employees may qualify for our comprehensive benefits package.
Part time employees may also qualify for some benefits.
Please ensure that your resume and/or application reflect a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-897-7781.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: BA16411
Job Title: Warehouse and Sales Associate
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: austin, TX
Post Date: 10/12/2016