Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Warehouse Associate, Production-GRC, Burleson Rd. - (JC164474) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Associate, Production
DIVISION: Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work. The Donated Goods Division funds a large part of this mission.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Associate in Production is responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling and shipping, and other general tasks in other departments. The Distribution and Warehousing facility operates 18 hours per day and on occasions 24 hours per day, 362 days per year (3 holidays). Goodwill Resource Center, a 124,000 square foot facility in Southeast Austin, is a hub of recycling activity that handles large scale recycling and repurposing projects for businesses to meet their green initiatives. This center also serves as a distribution center to our retail stores across Austin.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please consider the job location of the GRC Outlet when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs to which you can travel. As a member of Goodwill Central Texas Outlet Sales Staff, and as a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule in support of the Outlet store retail operation opening, production, and closing. This schedule will include work on some weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle product, including: loading, unloading, moving, sorting stacking, and storing donations and goods for repurposing. Product handling may require using a push cart, hand truck, or pallet jack.
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Tag orders to ensure that the order goes to the proper locations.
- Inspect equipment to maintain good working order.
- Perform minor maintenance to company equipment and warehouse as necessary.
- Attend daily production meetings to communicate environmentally-related issues, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in verifying and keeping records for site and inventory audit.
- Assists in developing solutions to specific problem areas.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience doing manual labor, warehouse work or merchandising.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write, and comprehend the English language sufficient to perform essential job duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to stand, kneel, walk, bend, squat, twist, carry, and lift 50 pounds repetitively during the work shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to adapt to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Knowledge about and commitment to the proper use of equipment, including but not limited to pallet jacks, to move inventory in warehouse.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work in a high-performance work team environment
- Effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to work eight-hour shifts, twelve-hour shifts, or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
- Ability to perform essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Six to twelve months of warehouse experience in a distribution environment.
- Shipping/receiving and general warehouse and packaging skills.
- Previous experience working with merchandise.
- Basic computer skills.
- Multilingual with fluency in English.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$9.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications
Full time employees may qualify for our comprehensive benefits package.
Part time employees may also qualify for some benefits.
Please ensure that your resume and/or application reflect a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-897-7781.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: JC164474
Job Title: Warehouse Associate, Production-GRC, Burleson Rd.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 10/17/2016