Air Liquide USA LLC Technician - Production in Bayport, Texas
- Day-to-day safe and reliable operation of the Hydrogen / Syngas plant
- Operational checks of equipment, monitoring performance, making and logging equipment rounds, safety and other equipment inspections as assigned, monitoring and permitting maintenance work, equipment isolation, preventative maintenance as assigned, trouble shooting operating issues, reporting process and equipment deviations, log entry, manual control of equipment, and writing and following procedures
- Participate in the LIVES program
- Support and comply with all safety, health, and environmental procedures as defined by site and corporate personnel.
- Support and comply with all process safety management practices and operate within the established quality systems, reporting any deficiency
- Make suggestions to improve plant safety, efficiency and quality.
- Operate the hydrogen / syngas plant in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
- Ability to communicate with customer to coordinate feed and product delivery activities.
- Develop equipment purging and isolation plans as required
- Prepare equipment for maintenance activities in a safe manner
- Enter work orders into CMMS as required
- Display proper attitudes and work ethics and have the ability to follow directions
- Provide on call assistance or work additional shifts when required.
- Actively participate in training programs
- Develop or revise operating procedures as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- High school diploma or GED required; 2 year associates degree in a technical field or technical training preferred
- 2+ years of technical training and/or operations experience desired
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Ability to use computers with knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills in order to deal effectively with management and external customers
- Knowledge and understanding of instrumentation, rotating equipment, and piping systems.
- Demonstrated self motivated attitude
- Must be able to wear required PPE safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, FRC clothing
- Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to climb and ascend vertical ladders as required
- Ability to enter and work in confined spaces
- Ability to wear a respirator
Requisition Number: 8465
Job Title: Technician - Production
Area of Interest: Operations
State / Province: Texas