USM, An EMCOR Company Senior Welding Engineer in Beaumont, Texas
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Job Title: Senior Welding Engineer
The Senior Welding Engineer performs welding design & qualification and reviews customer product requirements & comments to ensure welding code & specification requirements are addressed. This specialist will have a focus on orbital welding of tube-to-tube sheet joints, development of electroslag overlay processes, and new equipment and process selection. This is a very key position within our centralized engineering group that provides technical and engineering support to our five locations throughout the Gulf Coast region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that industry standards (ASME, AWS, API, etc.) and customer requirements are properly set and completed throughout the manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Determine the appropriate processes and procedures are developed, utilized, implemented and ensure they meet both internal and external quality requirements.
- Interface with plant managers, quality and purchasing management, mechanical engineers, manufacturing technicians, and welders on production jobs and production enhancement projects.
- Work extensively with external customers and their job inspectors to ensure products are produced or refurbished to the required quality level in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Attend pre-fabrication meetings with customers as required.
- Ensure documentation completion and document status communications to internal customers using SharePoint and Document Control document management system.
- Interpret and analyzing request for quotations.
- Develop detailed written weld procedures, instructions, and lab testing requirements which meet code & customer requirements. Review and interpret lab testing results and reports.
- Analyze and ensure the appropriate welding materials (alloys, etc.) are included in the entire processing of the job order.
- Equipment and process selection and development
- Other duties as assigned.
Extensive knowledge and hands on expertise in orbital GTAW welding is required; in particular, welding tube-to-tubesheet joints in vertical orientation. Preferably in a wide range of tube diameters, wall thickness, and metallurgy combinations.
BS Welding Engineering or Metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the petrochemical industry is preferred.
ASME B&PV; Section VIII Division 1, Section II, Section IX preferred. ASME B&PV; Section VIII Division 2 and AWS code experience a plus.
Able to read, interpret, and determine appropriate welding procedures and processes based on code, industry standards, and customer specifications.
Operational welding (set up & programming) with orbital welding equipment. Polysoude preferred.
Strong math and engineering background; strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Good organizational / task tracking skills. Managing priorities for multiple assignments is a must.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Job Title: Senior Welding Engineer
Date Posted: 10/6/2016
Location: Beaumont, TX
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1580216859