Waste Management Territory Manager (Sales) - Beaumont, TX in Beaumont, Texas
Equal OpportunityEmployer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What do you think of when you hear the word “career”? Longevity,stability, promotions? Maybe even beinga part of a work family? A home away from home? Here at Waste Management ( www.wm.com ), you’ll find all of those things andmore. We are the most stable company (Fortune 250, symbol: WMI) in the moststable of industries: environmental solutions. And we’re the best at sellingthe most reliable service around. Everyone needs what we can provide!
If it’s a career you want, then we have you covered! We will challengeyou in your sales career with us. Weoffer our employees a competitive compensation package and the opportunity tomove within the company, laterally or upwards. At Waste Management, we believein taking care of our own. We will help you get to where you want to be.Entrust your career with us and you’ll soon realize how quickly WM can start tofeel like home!
I. Job Summary
TheTerritory Manager (TM) is a combination of what we call a hunter (prospectingfor new accounts) and farmer (cultivating and managing existing accounts).
Hunting (65%): The TM is responsible forcold calling (in-person and over the phone), prospecting and closing to achievebudgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategiesthat ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers.
Farming (35%): The TM will generaterevenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in current WasteManagement customers. The TM is responsible for managing existingbusiness relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developingand implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiationefforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previouslynon-contracted customers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers' service and/or profitability.
- Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in‑depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Thisposition will not supervise anyone. It is an individual contributorrole.
IV. Work Environment
Listed beloware key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
Therequirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary toperform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
- Experience: 3-years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in a non-consumer based industrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment that includes successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations resulting in signed customer contracts (in addition to education).
This is afield-based position. This position is eligible to participate in salescompensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of salesorientation and/or training programs.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C.Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Manage Work/Time
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Think Strategically
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Use Ethical Practices
AtWaste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. This includes a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on401k plan, flexible spending accounts and more! Our employees also receive PaidVacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary bysite.
Title: Territory Manager (Sales) - Beaumont, TX
Requisition ID: 16014884