MDU Resources Group Aggregate Scale Operator in Bridge City, Texas
Responsible to safely and accurately operate Aggregate Materials Plant and Pug Mill to batch materials used in construction.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Trade or technical school completion in related feild or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of plant information and operations, preferably in a related industry.
- Be able to use Microsoft Outlook and Word, and Excel as necessary.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained, and conduct toolbox meetings daily/weekly.
- Safely and properly dispatch aggregate materials from pug mill and plant. Ensure proper payment for all transactions, prepare daily cash reports.
- Identify appropriate material to meet job specifications.
- Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others at all times.
- Lead personnel at plant and work with dispatch to schedule drivers. Monitor plant site to ensure safe and efficient traffic flow. 7.Troubleshoot and problem solve (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Safely and properly delegate maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on loader.
- Maintain yard & contaminate free aggregate piles.
- May occasionally operate loader to keep materials fed for maximum production.
- Perform thorough monthly plant inspection.
- Accurately complete company reports and other documentation as needed.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance. Maintain safe working environment and foster safety culture, ensure good housekeeping skills and Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with GENEROUS Employer contributions * Health Savings Account, partially funded by Employer * Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D; Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 20257, Beaumont, TX 77720.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Location: Bridge City , TX
Hiring Manager: Brian A Miller
Closing Date: 11/18/2016 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time