HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director - Respiratory Therapy in Brownsville TX, Texas
_Valley Regional Medical Center __–__ __Brownsville, TX_
_Director - Respiratory Therapy_ __ Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including: * 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department * Cardiology * Open Heart Surgery * Neurosurgery * Endoscopy * Imaging * Women’s Services * Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit * Wound Care Center
Valley Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Director - Respiratory Therapy.
- Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Develops/implements policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services.
- Coordinates all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
- Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
- Determines the qualifications/competence of personnel.
- Continuously assesses/improves department’s performance.
- Maintains/implements quality control programs.
- Provides for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
- Participates in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings.
- Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential and actual patient safety issues, medical errors or unanticipated outcomes.
Uses Performance Improvement process to improve patient safety and patient outcomes. #LI-GULF
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- Five to ten years management experience preferred
Title: Director - Respiratory Therapy
Location: Texas-Brownsville TX-Valley Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00187-4723