Cisco Senior Research Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Additional Location(s) or Information: Columbia, MD or San Jose, CA Job Category: Engineer - Software Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1018904
Description: About: Cisco Talos is the industry-leading threat intelligence organization dedicated to providing protection before, during, and after cybersecurity threats. As the primary member of the Cisco's Collective Security Intelligence (CSI) ecosystem, Talos detects and correlates threats in real time using the largest threat detection network in the world spanning web requests, emails, malware samples, open source data sets, endpoint intelligence, and network intrusions. The elite cybersecurity experts in Talos work to proactively discover, assess, and respond to the latest trends in hacking activities, intrusion attempts, malware, and vulnerabilities with new detection and prevention content for all Cisco's security products to better protect your organization
Senior Vulnerability Researcher If you enjoy vulnerability research, crash analysis, reverse engineering, and researching new techniques and writing tools to automate these tasks, this job is for you. This Senior Research Developer position with Cisco Talos is available to remote and international workers.
Position Overview Security research including development of tools for vulnerability discovery, analysis, and mitigation. Development of fuzzers and static analysis tools to identify new vulnerabilities in software. Development of static and run-time analysis tools to determine the root cause and input conditions related to a vulnerability. Vulnerability triage and proof of concept exploit development to support the creation of detection content. Additional responsibilities include helping users and other analysts with setup, installation, and usage of the vulnerability research tools and demonstrating leadership in the security community through publishing open source tools, papers, presentations, and blog posts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities • Perform software security analysis to discover new vulnerabilities.
• Create tools for the discovery and triage of vulnerabilities.
• Write detailed technical advisories on new vulnerabilities.
• Develop proof of concept exploits for testing IPS and IDS effectiveness.
• Perform patch analysis to find and trigger vulnerabilities.
• Reverse engineer binary applications, protocols and formats.
• Demonstrate leadership with the security community.
Education and Work Experience • Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, or Mathematics preferred.
• Demonstrable experience with vulnerability research required.
Knowledge and Skills • Proficient in C/C++, python and x86 assembler.
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux System API and ABI.
• Knowledge of common file format and network protocol structures.
• Experience binary auditing and reverse engineering.
• Experience with IDA Pro and plugin development.
• Experience with compiler plugins or program analysis algorithms.
• Experience with runtime binary instrumentation tools such as PIN, DynamoRIO, etc • Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving skills.
• Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to take on additional tasks as required.
• Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems.
• A drive to succeed and a passion to solve difficult problems.
Work Conditions • Employee will telecommute from home office or work from Columbia, MD or Austin, TX • Works closely with software reverse engineers and research analysts to understand their needs and develop tools to assist with the creation of detection content.
• Moderate to high levels of stress may occur at times.
• Fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Extremely talented and experienced team members and mentors.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the Mobile, Cloud, Security, IT, and Big Data spaces, including Software and Consulting Services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, education, and entertainment, to the public sector, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco!
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: Security
Senior Research Developer Buenos Aires AR R1018904-en_US