Army National Guard Units (Title 32) IT Specialist (INET) in Camp Mabry, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Camp Mabry, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/21/2016 (0 day(s) away)
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Type of Appointment: This is a Career/Career-Conditional Appointment and does NOT require membership in a compatible military assignment in the Army or Air National Guard. This is a full-time, non-dual status, competitive, permanent position.
Veterans Information: Veterans' preference is not applicable to Technicians employed under Title 32 USC 709 (b).
Organizational Structure: This position is located within the Army National Guard (ARNG), Information Management Office, in Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to design, implement, and manage the state's National Guard Web page along with designing and managing the Knowledge Management program.
As an IT Specialist (INET), you will:
- Plan, design, develop, test, implement, and manages the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of web sites.
- Plan and administer the state's Knowledge Management program.
- Coordinate all activities related to the full range of Knowledge Management products and services for the state such as digital video, manual and computer-generated graphics, and presentation services (conference rooms and classrooms), among others.
- Direct the design of unique projects from inception to completion through application of innovative solutions in the use of computer and software technologies.
- Provide higher-level management with Knowledge Management products, services, consultation, and equipment to support functional areas, to include command and control, training, logistics, medical, personnel, special operations, and engineering.
- Not Required
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (see "How to Apply").
- Direct Deposit is mandatory in this agency.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a positive NAC and Secret Clearance.
To qualify for this position at the GS-11 level, you must possess the Basic Requirements AND one of the Additional Qualification Requirements.
Must have IT-related experience in each of the required four competencies: (1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; (4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement above, applicants must also meet the *Additional Qualification Requirements: *
* A*. One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal service. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS-09 grade level. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by:
- Utilizing current Internet technologies, protocols, and server operations in order to design web pages/sites.
- Planning and administering a Knowledge Management program that enables users to access information contained on web pages.
- Creating visual web designs from verbal or written descriptions of the item, event, or issue to be depicted.
B. Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a PH.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
C. Combination of specialized experience as described in "A" above and graduate education as described in "B" above. When combining education with experience, first determine the applicant's total qualifying education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; then determine the applicant's experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Part-time or unpaid experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Friday, October 21, 2016.
When there is a positive education requirement, or you are using education to qualify as a substitution for experience, transcripts (unofficial) are required at the time of application to verify that you meet the educational requirement or substitution.
Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- This position meets the criteria of a Non-Dual Status Management Plan as follows: The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization, nor is the work described part of the military mission; and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: It does not have a comparable military function; the position is required in full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position, is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates technical expertise or professional qualifications that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
- The selectee must comply with Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.1, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (Security + equivalent) within 6 months of acceptance into this position. Completion of this requirement prior to acceptance is preferred.
- The selectee must have a secret clearance or be able to obtain a secret clearance within 6 months of acceptance.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your application and supporting documentation, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview. To view the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
These links provide an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.opm.gov/retire/retirejobseekers.asp or https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be rated well-qualified by placing in the Highly Qualified or Well Qualified category for this vacancy. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctapguideline.pdf.
Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
Salary Range: $59,329.00 to $77,127.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2210-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 452994100
Job Announcement Number: TXARNG-JL-1820930-DE