Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Management Analyst in Camp Mabry, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Camp Mabry, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 10/13/2016 (10 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (4 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in Joint Forces Headquarters Strategic Initiative Group (SIG) Texas National Guard, Camp Mabry, Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to serve as strategic planner, direct projects, responsible for initiative and program synchronization and execution, manage all full-time manpower requirements; provide manpower advisory services for all state levels of command.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army/Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army/Air National Guard do not meet eligibility for this position.
Areas of Consideration: In-State. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air/Army National Guard, and
- All current members of the Texas Air/Army National Guard
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: Officers and Warrant Officers in the TXANG/TXARNG only NTE O4 (MAJ)
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) authorized depending on availability of funds.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
As a Management Analyst with the Texas Air/Army National Guard (ANG/ARNG), your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide manpower advisory services for all state levels of command.
- Apply the full scope of strategic planning, inter-disciplinary analysis, sound research and judgment, and analytical skills; apply innovative state of the art knowledge and processes to achieve research and analysis.
- Provide broad management advisory services, develop research papers, critical consistent review methods and practices, facilitate focus groups, training classes; validate data through research and analysis to ensure local processes meet the highest standard.
- Research and prepare comprehensive justification for additive or deviations to standards.
- Assist leaders in efforts to plan, manage, and monitor leader develop plans for achievement of strategic goals, mission, and vision.
- Perform site visits, inspections, and recommend immediate or planned corrective action, ensure practice follows policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Authorized depending on availability of funds.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be a member of the Texas Air/Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the GS-11 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 36 months experience which provided a detailed knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures and techniques. Experience analyzing and interpreting policies and procedures of higher headquarters/management as to applicability to current policies. Experience presenting and discussing complex matters in a clear and convincing manner. Experience in communicating with people from various backgrounds and circumstances.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD/UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the AFSC/MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty AFSC/MOS assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
AFSCs: 38PX, 3S000, 3S0X1, 3S2X1
OBRs: 42B, 42H
OAOCs: 49, 50, 59
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $59,329.00 to $77,127.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0343-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: In-State/TX (See Open Areas of Consideration), Texas Air/Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 452836100
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-17-003