Rockwell Collins CAD Designer/Drafter in Carrollton, Texas
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should possess :
• Three (3) or more years of related experience.
• Working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task to provide support to various Project Managers, Project Engineers and Departments at the same time.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly, and work with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Ability to communicate effectively and display viable problem solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word (MS Office suite of software).
• Experience in AutoCAD Electrical design.
Education or Certification Requirements:
• Must be able to pass random drug testing and background checks for access to nuclear site access and Safeguards certification.
• Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent work experience
Job #: 16798BR
Country: United States
FT/PT: Full Time
Job Description: At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
The Rockwell Collins IMS Surface Transportation & Critical Infrastructure (STCI) Security Systems portfolio is currently seeking a CAD Drafter to join our team in our Carrollton, TX office.
The successful candidate will serve the AutoCad needs of a group of Hardware Engineers in mission critical projects.
The CAD Designer/Drafter will:
• Work closely with Project Engineers to design plant-wide security systems for numerous clients in the Nuclear Power and Air Transportation industries.
• Draft and revise block diagrams, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Model 3D concepts of security alarms station concepts and design.
• Draft perimeter layouts for visual and infrared security camera and perimeter detection system installations.
• Convert site plans from various platforms to AutoCAD and exported to various file formats in support of the documentation, and sales and marketing departments.
• Prepare camera ready illustrations, diagrams and construction drawings for insertion into manuals and sales materials
• Manage drawing library and template blocks.
• Manage SGI Program and SGI Materials located in the facility (Internal and Customer SGI).
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Amount of Travel Required: 0%-25%
EOE Statement: Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.