Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer in Carrollton, Texas
Corporate U.S. Income Tax division of Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting is looking for a strong User Interface Programming expert to join our Front End web technology team,and help us build the next generation Corporate Income Tax product that will eventually replace our legacy product. If you are interested in being a part of an exciting project and a fast-paced, agile team working on cutting edge technology, this job is for you!
* Test Angular apps using Jasmine, Protractor, Grunt and Karma.
* Collaborate with architect to mentor/train other Front End software engineers in the team.
* Assist in architecture, technical design, development, and unit testing
* Ensure the technical feasibility and provide estimates of UI/UX designs
* Promote development best practices and leverage TR and industry standard technology
* Must be able to work with the REST Web APIs and JSON. Will not be required to write REST web API’s as we have a dedicated Backend team for that, but should be comfortable consuming them in Front End.
* Work in an agile, collaborative culture * Participate with business team members using Agile techniques and practices to identify requirements, acceptance criteria and designs * Develop software that operates within a highly scalable, distributed multi-tiered system
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Preferred Skills: * Experience designing & developing software for a critical enterprise n-tier web product * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) * Experience with iterative development methodologies (e.g. Agile, SCRUM) * Collaborative problem solving skills * Self-motivated and proactive
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Technology Development Family Group
Organization: *Technology & Ops - Tax&Acctg - Corporate
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Texas-Carrollton-Carrollton-2395 Midway Rd
Requisition ID: JREQ069678