Thomson Reuters Sr. Agile Business Analyst in Carrollton, Texas
Snapshot: Thomson Reuters is looking for inspiring and entrepreneurial Sr. Agile Business Analysts to help lead and influence agile implementation and transformation projects for our government revenue management solutions
Work at the center of the problem solving, advising how to successfully execute on the strategic vision using a world class agile approach
Act as a practitioner in all aspects of the scrum process in agile, which include planning poker, running daily stand-up, conducting sprint reviews and facilitating retrospectives
Contribute to the successful implementation of Aumentum tax products by participating in gap analysis sessions for new implementations and supporting implementation teams as required
Review and extrapolate necessary information from Government legislation to provide direction for changes within the Aumentum tax product
- Mission and expected outcomes for this role: *
Our platforms have a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides governing bodies the ability to derive operational efficiency, the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster affecting their revenues. We are a leading provider of government revenue management solutions for governments, counties, cities and other local governing bodies as part of Tax & Accounting Government division of Thomson Reuters. Expected outcomes for these roles include:
Prepare detailed and clearly written product requirement specifications, acceptance criteria, and activity diagrams based on market needs and coordinate review of the requirements with internal partners
Drive change by building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
Hands on development of storyboards, wireframes, product backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria
Influence the direction of the systems aiding global governments in mapping, valuing, registering, and taxing their land.
__ Areas of Ownership:
Providing feedback to leadership on engineering practice improvement opportunities.
- Helping to develop Agile deliverables required for a technology team to build software
- Collaborate and partner with clients and Agile Scrum Team to help execute development deliverables in a predictable, high-quality manner
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for solutions that have been launched to clients. This includes answering questions from technical support and sales and defect prioritization and clarification.
- Work with the Development, QA, and Project Management teams in an agile process to bring products to market
Provide sales support in the form of product demonstrations and proposal responses as required
- Experience and Education Requirements: *
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in agile projects serving as a product lead.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration)
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / ‘grooming’ product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in close alignment with business and IT stakeholders.
- Excellent project management experience which includes the ability to be 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks along the project planning phases.
- Experience working in or with any government jurisdiction in the field of Property Taxation, Assessment, Appraisal, Valuation, or Collections is preferred, but not required.
Thomson Reuters* – Company Overview*
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values? *
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
Job: *Technology Development Family Group
Organization: *Technology & Ops - Tax&Acctg - Government
Title: Sr. Agile Business Analyst
Location: Texas-Carrollton-Carrollton-2395 Midway Rd
Requisition ID: JREQ070040