Thomson Reuters Sr Business Analyst - Subject Matter Expert (Government Jurisdictions) in Carrollton, Texas
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position will be embedded within an Agile Scrum team and will collaborate for solution delivery for the government market. You will have the opportunity to influence the direction of the systems aiding global governments in mapping, valuing, registering, and taxing their land. Ideally this position will be located in California or Texas, but is also open to other locations across the U.S.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed and clearly written product requirement specifications, acceptance criteria, and activity diagrams based on market needs and coordinate review of the requirements with internal partners.
- Review and extrapolate necessary information from Government legislation to provide direction for changes within the Aumentum tax product.
- Collaborate with their Agile Scrum Team to fully execute development deliverables in a predictable, high-quality manner.
- Work closely Product Manager and User Experience Designer to identify ways in which custom solutions can be applied to a broader audience.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of Aumentum tax products by participating in gap analysis sessions for new implementations and supporting implementation teams as required.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for solutions that have been launched to clients. This includes answering questions from technical support and sales and defect prioritization and clarification.
- Together with the Scrum Team, continually improve the development process to provide quick turnarounds and high quality.
- Work with the Development, QA, and Project Management teams in an agile process to bring products to market
- Provide sales support in the form of product demonstrations and proposal responses as required.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in or with any government jurisdiction in the field of Property Taxation, Assessment, Appraisal, Valuation, or Collections needed.
- Knowledge of property taxation methodologies and processes desired.
- You should have a passion for technology and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and processes.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) preferred: Exposure to User Personas or User Scenarios, Requirements analysis, Test Scenarios, and Understanding End-User needs
- Strong collaboration skills needed.
- A well-organized and disciplined approach to be successful working in a distributed team environment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including exploring and assess customer needs, for product management to translate them into well-defined requirements.
- Excellent time, project management and organizational skills; setting priorities and maintaining flexibility in a changing or ambiguous, matrixed environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Balsamiq or other wireframing tools is a plus.
/ Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work? /
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
/ What are Thomson Reuters’ core values? /
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Technology Development Family Group
Organization: *Technology & Ops - Tax&Acctg - Government
Title: Sr Business Analyst - Subject Matter Expert (Government Jurisdictions)
Location: Texas-Carrollton-Carrollton-2395 Midway Rd
Requisition ID: JREQ069861