Air National Guard Units (Title 32) AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Carswell AFB, Texas
About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, Position Description Number NGD0734000 and is part of the 136 AW, Carswell AFB, Texas.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
This position is located at the 136th AW, Carswell AFB, Fort Worth, TX. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders and/or supervisors, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated non-supervisory work.
Areas of Consideration:Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
- This position is concurrently advertised as Military. To be considered for this full-time TECHNICIAN position in the military E8 position, applicant must also apply for the concurrent Military (Traditional-Air) E8 announcement. Reference Traditional-Air announcement at https://tmd.texas.gov/tmd-jobs?
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. ?
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities?
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
As a Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, WS-8852-10, the following duties apply to this position:
- Planning: Plan weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations.
- Work Direction: Assign tasks to be performed.
- Administration: Recommend and participate in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies.
- Perform the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed.
- Implement regulatory safety requirements and ensure that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
- Prepare and participate in various types of readiness, evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link: WS-8852-10, NGD0734000
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Nationwide, (See Areas of Consideration), Texas Air National Guard Membership required.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Texas Air National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
To qualify at the WS-10 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 36 months experience, education, or training ?in addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - None
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement.This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades:E7 NTE E8
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC:2A590, 2A5X1, 2A5X4, 2A6XX, 2A8X1, 2A8X2C, 2A8X1E, or 2A8X2E (MUST POSSESS)
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Review our benefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476860700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-09-11
Salary: $32.49 to $37.96 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WS 10
Series: 8852 Aircraft Mechanic
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: TX-10035869-AF-17-022
Control number: 476860700