Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals HEOR Field Liaison/Sr HEOR Field Liaison (Central) in Chicago, Illinois
HEOR Field Liaison/Sr HEOR Field Liaison (Central)
JR000004557 HEOR Field Liaison/Sr HEOR Field Liaison (Central) (Open)
ARD Field Office - USA405
Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Minneapolis, MN, Oklahoma City, OK, St. Louis, MO
We are currently seeking a Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Field Liaison (Central Territory).
This position will have responsibilities for leading scientific communications with assigned payer organizations to demonstrate the value of Mallinckrodt’s in-line products. Communication will include approved scientific, medical, financial, and healthcare economic data that will be shared with formulary decision makers, pharmacy directors, medical directors, their advisors and similar entities making or influencing market access decisions.
The HEOR Field Liaison will communicate back to the Science & Technology organization opportunities to demonstrate value and shape/inform the design of economic analyses and clinical programs that demonstrate the value of marketed and pipeline products to payers.
• Partner with the Corporate Account Director team to establish shared account (payer) objectives.
• Differentiate the value of Mallinckrodt products to payers to safeguard patient access to treatment; to include ensuring appropriate product coverage policies and authorization criteria.
• Leverage approved scientific, medical, financial, and healthcare economic data.
• Responsible for developing sustainable payer relationships and discussing comprehensive scientific, health economic, epidemiology and patient-reported outcomes data.
• Research and identification of medical community training and educational needs with relevant therapeutic areas.
• Collaborate with payers, using their own data, to evaluate real-world patient outcomes and treatment effectiveness.
• Provide scientific support to Health Care Providers and patient advocacy groups wishing to encourage treatment access at the payer policy level.
• Assist in development of value dossiers, scientific presentations and payer specific written communications.
• Understand the needs of payers and communicate these insights across the organization to relevant functions.
• Develop research strategies that demonstrate value to payers; integrating activities into existing R&D processes.
• Input to the design of clinical research, at any stage of development.
• Act as a conduit between the external payer environment and the Mallinckrodt HEOR in-house team ensuring strategies and tactics are robust in filling key performance and evidence gaps from a payer perspective.
• Collaborate with other customer facing teams to clarify roles/responsibilities, assuring transparency & synergy.
• The HEOR Field Liaison will concentrate their activities on region specific entities which may include: State Medicaid, specialty pharmacy, PBM, managed care, integrated delivery networks, Accountable Care Organizations, etc.
• Collaborate with legal and compliance departments to establish and follow processes for proactive communication and scientific exchange with payers.
• Support regional and national managed care congresses.
• HEOR Field Liaison: PharmD/PhD/MD/NP; at least 1 year of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, retail pharmacy or clinical position in hospital setting; research or academic) required.
• Sr. HEOR Field Liaison: PharmD/PhD/MD/NP; 3+ years of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, research or academic); at least 1 year field experience (MSL, HEOR) required.
• HEOR Field Liaisons must possess strong scientific and clinical knowledge, valid driver’s license, be willing to travel up to 70%, excellent presentation and teaching skills, pharmaceutical and payer knowledge.
• Experience designing and/or presenting outcomes research as well as direct experience supporting payers is desired.
• Immunology, CNS, Pulmonology, Nephrology and/or Rheumatology experience is a plus.
Large central geography. Must live near major airport.
Mallinckrodt is a global specialty biopharmaceutical and medical imaging business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products and medical imaging agents. Areas of focus include therapeutic drugs for autoimmune and rare disease specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, ophthalmology and pulmonology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; and analgesics and central nervous system drugs. The company's core strengths include the acquisition and management of highly regulated raw materials; deep regulatory expertise; and specialized chemistry, formulation and manufacturing capabilities. The company's Specialty Brands segment includes branded medicines; its Specialty Generics segment includes specialty generic drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients and external manufacturing; and the Global Medical Imaging segment includes contrast media and nuclear imaging agents.
To learn more about Mallinckrodt, visit www.mallinckrodt.com.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (“the Company”) maintains a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based upon age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), political activities or affiliation, race, sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by law. Furthermore, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities and protected veterans in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations on every location in which the company has facilities. This policy of non-discrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: recruiting, hiring; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.