Oceaneering Technologist II, Client Services in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Technologist II, Client Services will be responsible for providing IT support to all local and remote employees of the OSS division, as well as to other divisions with the organization as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up, image, configure and maintain company desktops, laptops and mobile devices including conference room equipment.
- Maintain access control of ITAR data.
- Help business operations utilize information systems to improve efficiency.
- Provide end-user support for all computer related applications.
- Configure, test and troubleshoot network connectivity for local and remote computers.
- Manage user account information and permissions (Novell, Active Directory).
- Prioritize and respond to IT support tickets within SLA requirements.
- Maintain, analyze, and repair hardware and software systems.
- Assist internal IT groups in support of the local IT infrastructure and VoIP services.
- Support and implement IT policies.
- Travel to support Oceaneering sites, both domestic and international.
- Plan and prioritize tasks in order to accomplish goals.
- Maintain a safe and clean IT working environment.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in maintaining computer hardware/software and working in a customer oriented service environment,
- A+ certification
- Have knowledge of: Computer imaging, Active Directory, Novell, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, videoconferencing applications, PeopleSoft, Enovia, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- Valid U.S. drivers’ license
- Must be a US citizen or have Legal Permanent Resident card (green card)
- HDI Support Center Analyst or ITIL certification
- Microsoft System Center Service Manager experience a plus
- Ability to interpret and follow technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to create procedural steps and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Technologist II, Client Services
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 11183
Full/Part Time: Full-Time