Baylor Scott & White Health Patient Educator in College Station, Texas
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
COLLEGE STATION, TX
Title: Patient Educator
Required Experience: Minimum or no experience required
Required Education: Bachelor Degree required
Assists in the management and coordination of nursing and institutional resources to ensure effective patient care and nursing department operations.
PLANS AND CONDUCTS EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR MEDICAL STAFF, PATIENTS AND FAMILIES.
* Instructs patients and families on relevant topics according to assessed learning needs in a clear and professional manner.
* Assists medical staff with the selection and/or production of patient education programs that achieve desired results.
* Coordinates customer service enhancement training for staff in a timely manner.
EVALUATES AND REVISES PATIENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS TO ENSURE THE NEEDS OF PATIENTS AND THE MEDICAL STAFF ARE MET EFFECTIVELY.
* Appropriately evaluates patient learning experiences based upon departmental checklists and counseling sessions.
* Assists the Director in evaluating program effectiveness and revising and updating programs as needed.
MARKETS PATIENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY TO CREATE AWARENESS OF PROGRAM RESOURCES FOR PATIENTS AND MEDICAL STAFF.
* Assists with community education and marketing campaigns, including Options, Community health events, event planning and scheduling, and TQM Adolescent Health Care, etc.
* Presents self in a professional manner that promotes confidence in department services and encourages other departments to utilize education programs.
SERVES AS A RESOURCE FOR MEDICAL STAFF TO PROVIDE COACHING IN EFFECTIVE TEACHING METHODS AND TECHNIQUES.
* Provides appropriate and timely assistance to medical staff in effective teaching methods and techniques.
* Participates in follow-up evaluations as needed.
* Assists with patient management initiatives as needed.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
* Coordinates and implements patient education programs required.
Job Family: Office/Clerical