FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC Project Accountant in College Station, Texas
Summary*:* The Project Accountant is responsible for the project accounting process in support of the SATURN facility, including responding to internal/external inquiries, verifying chargeable time, preparing contract and invoice documents, preparing balance sheet account reconcilements, generating and distributing regular financial reports pertaining to the project(s), investigating variances, approving expenses, and reviewing cash flow projections. SATURN is a multi-product, high throughput mAb (monoclonal antibody) facility that will create a world class platform to support our customers' clinical and commercial products. This position will support all accounting related functions for the SATURN facility.
- Provide accounting support for the operations of the Saturn start-up facility and TBF 100 projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process, as well as monthly management reports for the SATURN facility.
- Generate, audit, and transmit client invoices to ensure consistent intake of cash flow and timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Review and analyze financial conditions of projects on a regular basis and advise Controller of any issues.
- Collaborate with Project Management and the Manufacturing Director TBF 100 to prepare project budgets.
- Provide forecast of monthly project budgets, billings, collections, and costs.
- Ensure the accounting of SATURN revenues and expenses are performed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner in conformity with GAAP.
- Evaluate contract terms and billing schedules.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for Senior Management.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to Controller.
- Accountable for the accuracy of cost elements related to the SATURN contracts and preparation of consolidated invoices according to contracting terms and conditions and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Support effective client relationships by providing timely and accurate accounting billings and reporting.
- Authorize access to project accounts and approval of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Manage subcontractor invoices and review for compliance to SATURN contract terms.
- Prepares memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed, including drafting policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong cost accounting systems background with excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Highly self-motivated, quick and agile learner.
- Comfortable asking questions and challenging the status quo.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility, drive results, and effectively influence others.
- High standard of integrity and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with five (5) years of demonstrated relevant project cost accounting experience.
- Master's or advanced degree in accounting.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with SAP or Great Plains software.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is considered a plus.
Job Start/End Date: 11-Oct-2016 to 10-Dec-2016 (CST)
Location: College Station, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time