Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurse (RN) Clinic Nurse Radiation Oncology College Station Job in College Station, Texas
Location/Facility – College Station – Central Texas
For more information on the facility, please click on the appropriate link for our Central Texas locations or our North Texas locations.
Hours – 40 Hours, Full Time
Department - Radiation Oncology
Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas, and one of the largest in the United States with 49 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites and more than 5,800 affiliated physicians. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, Baylor Scott & White Health stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. We exist to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
- Minimum/No Experience
- Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support
- LifeSupCert 30d aft exp if req
Coordinates and provides nursing care including the assessment, education and treatment of patients. Provides leadership for ancillary staff performing physician delegated medical tasks.
UTILIZES THE NURSING PROCESS AS THE BASIS FOR PATIENT CARE PRACTICE.
* Accurately performs and documents assessments of patients as indicated and within established procedures.
* Implements age appropriate care based on nursing assessment and medical plan of care.
* Provides effective patient/family education based on individualized learning needs to include discharge instructions.
* Provides accurate evaluation of patient response to plan of care as appropriate.
MANAGES/COORDINATES THE ACTIVITIES REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY OF QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
* Establishes priorities for patient care within established polices and procedures.
* Delegates nursing care in accordance to acuity of patient needs and personnel's qualifications.
* Facilitates communication and coordination of interdisciplinary activities and makes appropriate referrals.
* Functions as relief charge nurse as needed.
PARTICIPATES IN EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES.
* Serves as preceptor/resource and provides effective in-service education as requested.
* Participates in performance improvement activities.
* Attains required CE for licensure in a timely manner.
* Responsible for staff meeting content as appropriate.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC: ACC
*Maintains CPR Certification
*Assess bleeding and clotting risks accurately and appropriately
*Document patient interactions appropriately in chart
*Perform I-Stat fingersticks accurately and maintain certification
*Assess the effect of dietary changes on warfarin dosing
*Assess the effect of medication changes on warfarin dosing
*Participate in teamwork functions at the end of the day
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to function effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
* Maintains CPR certification.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
* Must be licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse the State of Texas or possess a temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting license receipt.
* One to two years experience preferred.
*BCLS is required in all clinics except BCS and Orthopedics.
Job Family: Nursing