HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Operating Room in Conroe, Texas
AtConroe Regional Medcial Centerthe Operating Room Registered Nurse is rsponsibile for:
· Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
· Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
· Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
· Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases.
· Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
· Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs.
· Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, with physicians, patients and their families.
· Works closely with nursing students and instructors.
· Actively participated in departmental and house wide performance improvement activities.
· Participates in Core Measures initiative and assists in data collection as directed by Management.
· Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
· One (1) year experience scrubbing/circulating OR Cases
· For CVOR – Two (2) years general OR experience
· If GN – accepted into the Internship Program as offered.
· Current CPR certification required.
· Current ACLS/PALS/CNOR certification preferred.
· General Staff OR RN: Demonstrated current clinical competence as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
· CVOR RN: Complete General Staff OR orientation/competencies in addition to CVOR competencies/CVOR orientation
· Medication Test score of 8O% or better.
· Maintains current clinical competence.
· Annual Skills Checklist (Skills Competency)
· Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic technique.
· Maintains knowledge of all patient care equipment
· Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practice
Title: Registered Nurse Operating Room
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-68996