HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Rehab Nursing in Conroe, Texas
Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX
Registered Nurse (RN)
Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA. Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level III Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.
Conroe Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN). This is a full time/nights position.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives along with the Hospital Values.
- Documents all patient care.
- Utilizes Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
Promotes compliances with National Patient Safety Goals.
Department Specific Criteria:
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidenced by documentation, observation and competencies. Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (name and account number), hand off communication.
- Assessment completed within 24 hours of admission and each shift as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standard of care/practice within 24 hours of admissions.
- Plan is updated with any changes in patient condition and at least every 24 hours.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care; records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient’s physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand off Communication occurs at shift change, between department, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated as based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilizes as appropriate.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPN or Nurse Technician staff, directs activities of the LPN or Nurse Technician staff within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; to include eMAR scanning where available and Medication Reconciliation.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, used all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
Qualifications • CRRN preferred • Current Registered Nurse (RN) license for appropriate state • BLS • Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more preferred, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria • Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills • Excellent organization/time management skills • Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance • Experience in providing educational programs
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Rehab Nursing
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-70159