HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound Technologist in Conroe, Texas
Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX
Conroe Regional Medical Center is being recognized as a comprehensive regional tertiary referral center after expanding to 360 beds, a staff of 1,200 with over 250 physicians on staff. Both the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department are Level III services - providing higher levels of care that are not readily available in many regions between Dallas and Houston. The recently opened and expanded Intensive Care and Cardiac Care Units provide state-of-the-art technology and monitoring for as many as 36 patients at a time. The objective of Conroe Regional Medical Center remains the same - to serve the people in the community who come to us for their healthcare needs. The focus continues to expand as we offer the entire region a convenient, quality location filled with educated, professional staff who can provide expert care using technologically advanced techniques and equipment right in their own backyard.
- Perform diagnostic ultrasounds to include but not limited to abdomen, OB, vascular, neonatal, biopsies and drainage procedures.
- Maintain skill and understanding of ultrasound.
- Always verifies correct patient by checking name on requisition with the name on the patient’s wristband and verbal confirmation before procedure is started.
- Has a sound understanding of anatomical position and physiology so as to be able to make independent selection and modification of technical factors used to provide optimal procedure results.
- Be responsible for maintaining licensure and continuing education.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and reports malfunctioning devices.
- Recognizes problems and implements a course of action.
- Immediately informs nursing unit and supervisor of any problems encountered or observed with patient during procedure.
Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
EDUCATION, LICENSE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Professional registry with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (A.R.D.M.S.) . Additionally, or included therein, the Ultrasound Technologist is required to have successfully passed the RDMS Abdomen (AB) credentialing examination.
Adequate diagnostic ultrasound experience and proven competency as determined by the Ultrasound Supervisor, Department Director, and Medical Director.
Title: Ultrasound Technologist
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-64405