DaVita Inventory Control Specialist - Pharmacy Tech II in Coppell, Texas
How This Role Contributes to the Success of DaVita Rx:
The Inventory Technician Specialist is
responsible for managing and maintaining accurate inventory of drugs products
and Non-Drug supplies and packaging materials.
This includes performing; receiving, check in, putaway, cycle counting
and replenishment functions.
Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Knowledge and previous experience using the Pharmacymanager; Script Med System (not required but would help)
- Followdefined policies and procedures for handling manufacturer product recalls.
- Respond to requests for information on productavailability and order status, including requests for cancellations andexpediting.
- Conduct thorough root cause research on inventoryadjustments hitting established parameters; document findings and be able toreport out as required.
- Assist with quality improvement initiatives asrequested by DaVita Rx Management.
- Activelyassist in all aspects of inventory & purchasing management (Non-Drugsupplies) as required to ensure all work is completed by establisheddeadlines.
Maintain proper and accurate records; includingpurchase orders, invoices, adjustments and returns according to definedguidelines.
All other tasksas assigned by Manager or designee.
Develop and maintain current knowledge of Pharmacy rules andgovernment regulations; ensure compliance at all times
Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of DaVita Rx policies andprocedures and apply them consistently
- Know, understand, and comply with pharmacy rules and federal/stateregulations including but not limited to HIPAA
- Assist in the orientation, training, and mentoring of other DaVitaRx teammates as requested.
- Consistent, regular, punctualattendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position aswell as flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to train on all aspectsof Inventory Control functions (Electric lift, pallet jacks, systems etc)
- Must work well and closely withthe Dispensing/Operations team
- Evaluate processes and look forany Lean opportunities or opportunities to Continuously Improve any/allInventory Control tasks
- Knowledge of the systems, reportextraction and utilization for best practices
Qualities That Will Make You Successful In This Position:
- Commitmentto DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, ContinuousImprovement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstratethose positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management,physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performanceand interactions
- Abilityto successfully navigate and perform well in a dynamic fast-paced teamenvironment.
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills; must be timely
- Must have good organizationskills, and work with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task witha sense of urgency
- Must have very good problemsolving skills with experience accurately identifying root cause andmaking recommendations for resolutions
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx was created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics. Today DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 14,000 patients in 30+ states. Utilizing three high capacity pharmacy operations, we deliver on our promise of the highest levels of quality care and are committed to improving the lives of our patients.
DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a successful Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. Ticker: DVA). The business has grown from inception to $100 million in annual revenue in just over three years. The potential for further growth is very substantial, projected at greater than 100% over the next 12 months.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of two years’experience working in Inventory Control (pharmacy inventory experiencepreferred)
Current PharmacyTechnician license required
Demonstratedability in basic math required
Must be able tolift at least 50 pounds, reach above head, push/pull, and be able to standcontinuously for 6-10 hours.
Need to beproficient with all computer skills specifically in MS Word, Excel, andOutlook required; proficiency in all DaVita Rxspecific software required within 60 days of hire or position change
High School diplomaor equivalent required
To lean more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here .
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.