Caliber Home Loans Processor - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Title: Processor - Corpus Christi
Requisition Number: 5512
City: Corpus Christi
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The Processor is responsible for assisting the borrower and production sales team in the coordination of all functions related to the processing and closing of all loans.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) regarding Caliber's policies, procedures, products, promotions and technology.
- Manages multi-state loan pipeline of loans.
- Conducts daily review and follow-up with customers and vendors regarding outstanding items; gather necessary documentation as needed.
- Responds to business partners' e-mails, questions and phone calls.
- Communicates to Processing Supervisor if unable to achieve a timeline or to resolve an error.
- Escalates any fraud files to Risk Management Leadership Team.
- Communicates to Branch Manager and Loan Consultants on status/needs.
- Coordinates pipeline management with Loan Consultant.
- Manages key dates, for example, lock expiration, contingency date, contract date, credit doc expiration, ECOA, MDIA and other compliance related dates.
- Performs data entry to update all internal computer systems and loan files with notes regarding all actions that affect the loan in accordance with company requirements.
- Maintains contact with customer to provide status updates.
- Reviews HUD 1 Settlement statement for accuracy and provides to closing agent.
- Reviews title reports, payoffs, appraisals, income documents, hazard insurance, and all supporting conditions for required standard compliance prior to underwriter submission.
- Provides customer and closing agent necessary requirements for completion of loan closing.
- Coordinates scheduling of loan closings with customer and closing agent.
- Attends regular pipeline meetings and system training updates.
All Caliber compensation will be paid in accordance with state and federal law, including Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act. This position is considered a non-loan originator position, this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions or other transaction-specific terms or conditions.Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years processing experience in high volume mortgage setting.
- Experience with DU, DO and LP systems.
- Knowledge of FHA and FNMA policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products and underwriting guidelines.
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is and Equal Opportunity employer. Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.