Valero Sr. Technical Trainer in CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas
- Plans and coordinates the different components of the site’s training function.
- Partners with Operations, Maintenance, and Laboratory leadership to ensure all employees training, testing, and progression activities are completed on schedule.
- Communicates closely with HR regarding employee training / certification completion that results in pay adjustment or job advancement.
- Communicates with Front-line Supervisors to identify the most efficient time and place to schedule training activities.
- Develops and delivers training programs (ILT and CBT), including outlines, text, handouts, tests, and designing training exercises.
Coordinates training facilities and resources in advance of training activities such as:
o Training content o PowerPoint presentation o Training aids o Classroom setup
- Schedules and proctors knowledge-based tests and assisting subject-matter expert/trainer with performance-based testing.
- Verifies that training activity documentation is complete and properly retained.
- Performs internal reviews, surveys and / or interviews with attendees to evaluate training course effectiveness.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of responsible complex units, crafts, equipment in the field, and / or other specialized areas, as directed by the Technical Training Supervisor/Superintendent.
- Assists in planning, mentoring and monitoring the Basic Operator Trainee Program.
- Schedules and coordinates the Qualification/Refresher Operations Training program.
- Reviews and updates the training materials and tests as appropriate.
- Develops training schedules (periodic and annual).
- Participates in Corporate Health, Safety, PSM and Environmental audits to verify that site training is properly documented and meets or exceeds organizational requirements.
- Confers with Technical Training Superintendent and/or staff to determine training objectives.
- Responsible for documenting routine reports and correspondence
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrates information into training programs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Human Resources or Psychology or related area preferred.
- Minimum five years of training development experience required.
- Process operations experience in a refinery environment preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to define and troubleshoot problems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements required.
- Have or be able to obtain a TWIC card required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Bill Greehey Refinery
The Bill Greehey Refinery complex in Corpus Christi, Texas, is actually two plants. Valero commissioned the grass-roots Corpus Christi refinery in 1983, now referred to as the West Plant. This facility is considered one of the most complex refineries in the world and specializes in the production of environmentally clean fuels and products, primarily RFG and ultra-low-sulfur diesel. In 2001, Valero acquired a 115,000 barrels-per-day (BPD) refinery, now referred to as the East Plant, located less than a mile from the flagship refinery in Corpus Christi. This facility is capable of processing heavy, high-sulfur crude oil into light products, asphalt and petroleum coke. Combined, the East and West plant facilities have a total feedstock throughput capacity of about 325,000 BPD.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: US-TX-Corpus Christi
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 3:27:10 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 16001LH