Defense Commissary Agency Store Associate in Corpus Christi, Texas
Defense Commissary Agency
Many vacancies in the following locations:
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Dyess AFB, TX
- Fort Hood, TX
- Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Goodfellow AFB, TX More Locations (4)
Work Schedule is Part Time - Permanent
Opened Saturday 10/1/2016 (25 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 3/31/2017 (156 day(s) away)
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS CLAIMING PREFERENCE: PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER INFORMATION SECTION FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON VETERANS PREFERENCE CRITERIA.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Assist customers answering questions such as item price or location and handling bulky/heavy items.
- Operate an electronic checkout system to record unit price, total customer purchase and make correct change.
- Perform a variety of duties in handling, preparing and maintaining stock levels of grocery and produce items.
- Review stock levels and gather inventory data in order to maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of documents to order commissary items, reconcile invoices and submit requisitions.
- Maintain security, safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Not Required
- Must be a United States citizen
- Application materials must be received by 11:59PM EST on the closing date.
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp applicants must possess the following:
Applicants must possess at least one year general experience OR have two years of education beyond the high school level that has been completed in an accredited business, secretarial, technical school, junior college, college or university of have a combination of qualifying experience and education.
Examples of General Experience: Progressively responsible clerical office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of a Store Associate.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time ( hours may vary )
- Tour of Duty: Irregular schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) IS NOT authorized
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Not Applicable
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes, however some locations may vary
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Obligated Position: As Applicable
- Physical Requirement: Frequently lift, push, pull, carry and handle items weighing between 30 and 40 pounds
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov for more information.
- Reemployed Annuitant: This position Does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300
- The starting salary listed does not include locality pay or the cost of living allowance (COLA)
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing for up to 90 days.
Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
If you are selected for this position you will be asked to submit the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment. This form may be submitted with your application and other supporting documents.
What To Expect Next
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicant reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of decision.
The federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. You may explore the major benefits offered to most federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
Reemployed Annuitant: This position Does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
Reemployed Annuitant: A former Federal employee who has retired under either the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is an Annuitant. An annuitant cannot be hired (i.e. reemployed) unless the vacant position meets the criteria in the Department of Defense (DOD) policy on employment of annuitants issued December 10, 2008. "Reemployed Annuitant: Does Not Meet Criteria" the vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants (irrespective of eligibility or qualifications). Annuitant applicants are advised, in accordance with DoD Policy, that further consideration for the vacancy is not permitted.
Individual with Financial Difficultyhttps://hru.gov/StudioRecruitment/tools/MythbusteronFederalHiringPolicies.pdf
If you are using part-time work to qualify for this position, be sure your resume reflects the beginning and ending dates of your employment and the number of hours you worked per week.
Salary Range: $13.84 to $17.99 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: GS-1101-04/04
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 451687800
Job Announcement Number: DECA-17-OC-1811555-DE