U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command Wastewater Plant Operator in Corpus Christi, Texas
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This job provides the opportunity to support the mission of the Corpus Christi Army Depot; which is to overhaul, repair, modify, retrofit, test and modernize helicopters, engines and components for all services and foreign military customers. The Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) is the Army's Center of Industrial and Technical Excellence for Rotary Wing Aviation Maintenance and is the world's largest helicopters overhaul and repair facility. CCAD serves as the depot training base for active duty Army, National Guard, Reserve and foreign military personnel. We also provide worldwide on-site maintenance services, aircraft crash analysis, lubricating oil analysis, and chemical, metallurgical and training support. Positions include those providing support to the maintenance of helicopters in a variety of shops or in an office setting.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Corpus Christi Army Depot employees with competitive status
You will assist in taking samples at numerous locations and perform chemical tests to determine the nature of effluent being discharged into the system.
- Use a variety of test equipment such as pH meters and chemical analysis kits.
- Calibrate all test equipment and make appropriate measurements.
- Operate control panel to affect chemical treatment and direct material flow.
- Check, operate, and maintain the process of the Industrial Waste Pre-Treatment Facility. Use Facilities Equipment Maintenance System (FEMS) to disseminate problems to appropriate shops.
- Calibrate instruments such as, pH, oxidation reduction potential (ORP), and conductivity probes per predetermined instructions.
- Perform cleaning and minimal maintenance of treatment equipment including lubrication.
- Check equipment for fluid leaks.
- Clean, check valves, remove congested debris.
- Maintain an adequate level of chemicals at sites and plant areas.
- Obtain hourly readings from digital readouts, on-line meters, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Monitor chemical, pH, flocculation, and odors to assure equipment is functioning properly and to determine the need for adjustment.
- Keep records of filter cleanings, meters, scrubbers, wastewater process, and condition of individual filters and equipment.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Position requires employee to wear protective clothing/equipment.
- Security/criminal background check is required for access on the Navy base.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Wastewater Plant Operator without more than normal supervision. Your resume will be reviewed for experience and/or training which provided skills and knowledge of 1) I have experience applying emergency procedures during waste water processes; such as, appropriately handling chemicals, correct HazMat communication, and proper personal protection equipment. I have experience independently working with pumps, motors, filter presses, clarifiers, and dionized water processes. 2) Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc. 3) Operation of cooling towers, boilers, air washers, scrubbers, etc., 4) Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic), 5) Use of Measuring Instruments, 6) Ability to Interpret instructions, specification, etc. (other than blueprinting reading), 7) Dexterity and Safety. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Ability to Perform Work with Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Operation of Aerospace Ground Equipment
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Operators are subject to long periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, on hard concrete floors while taking readings, cleaning filters, etc. Operators must have the ability to climb ladders, climb over and between pipes, move heavy objects with hand trucks, clear feeders and feed hoppers with long steel rods and be able to do some repair work while wearing self contained breathing apparatus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in several areas with extreme temperature and humidity variation. Inside work is performed on hard floors such as concrete or quarry tile, and employee may be subject to possible shock and burns, skin irritation and fumes from chemicals. Employee is subject to cyanide inhalation, and must be prepared to utilize safety equipment within designated equipment and storage areas or while connecting, disconnecting or repairing equipment. Is subject to work on any of three shifts including weekends and holidays, and must report according to posted schedule regardless of weather conditions, etc.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program Position (CP) 18.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476724800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $22.47 to $26.23 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 7
Series: 5408 Sewage Disposal Plant Operating
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: WTAA172082645634
Control number: 476724800