Avery Dennison Account Manager in DALLAS, Texas
Business Unit:Retail Branding and Information Solutions North Am
Key Job Responsibilities:The Account Manager is responsible for increasing the company’s revenues by achieving sales objectives within designated accounts. This position also develops programs to achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections. Within the Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) division, this position partners with accounts in the retail apparel and footwear industry to provide solutions for branding (e.g. packaging, tags and labels) and variable data management that enhance brand value.
This position represents an opportunity to not only be rewarded for your contributions but also provides visibility to senior management for future career opportunities.
REPRESENTATIVE ACTIVITIES: Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
•Responsible for increasing revenue by achieving sales objectives in existing and new accounts.
•Create and manage account strategies to deliver on sales goals to enable top-line growth, gain share, and maximize profitability.
•Develop a thorough understanding of market conditions (e.g., current customers, potential customers, competitors) in assigned territory, and develop strategies to achieve revenue goals.
•Leverage strong customer relationships and knowledge of AD solutions in pursuing customer opportunities.
•Utilize in-depth knowledge of full range of Avery Dennison solutions in partnering with customers to identify ideal product options and features.
•Lead the coordination of product development and sampling activities between the customer and internal customer product development team.
•Initiate project briefs for all new programs.
•Use global account management processes to plan and execute on key account strategies and initiatives.
•Act as primary point of contact at the customer in coordinating global account needs.
•Collaborate with other business units to evaluate volume, identify trends, and ensure quality.
Position Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
• 2+ years practical sales experience with quota responsibility, market development, account planning, customer engagement, etc.
• Significant Apparel industry and large retailer experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated successful experience in a sales position that involved negotiating complex transactions with upper-level management positions or similar experience.
• Skilled in developing sales penetration and growth strategies at targeted accounts.
• Strong product knowledge in point-of-sale, woven, printed fabric, heat transfer, and variable data solutions
• Proven negotiation skills/experience.
• Excellent financial skills and business acumen.
• Skilled in conducting territory analysis and planning.
• Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues.
Physical Work Location:Dallas, TX
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled