EY Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Dallas, Texas
Title: Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Job Number: DAL00412
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will be responsible for the timely distribution of invoices, tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues, monitoring and resolving cash application and generating weekly aging reports in a timely manner. In this role you will be required to effectively leverage offshore resources for the completion of transactional tasks (posting payments, finalizing invoices).
- Manages invoice printing queue and coordinates invoice distribution
- Follows up on aged accounts receivable items as agreed and tracks status of collection
- Initiates collections on past-due accounts with client server or client contact
- Conducts account research and analysis
- Investigates and resolves customer queries
- Proactively monitors unapplied cash and assists in cash application corrections
- Provides directions to Financial Assistant for correct application of payments
- Generates age analysis when needed
- Communicates with customers via phone, email, mail as directed by engagement team
- Appropriately escalates issues to and involves the right resources so that action plans can be prepared and agreed upon for implementation
- Understands client payment processes and implements strategies that effect prompt payment from customers; Uncovers client issues and takes appropriate action to resolve those issues preventing customers from making prompt payment
- Assists with special projects as requested
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and client communication skills
- Strong teaming abilities as well as demonstration of effective virtual teaming
- Effective multitasking and prioritization skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word programs as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Effective delegation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent worker with ability to thrive in a busy, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to travel as needed
- Associates Degree in business administration or equivalent years of experience
- 2 years in a specific functional accounting or finance area or a related function