TD Industries Inc Apprentice Service Plumber (Dallas Service) in Dallas, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
We are seeking an*Apprentice Service Plumber to*work with a Journeyman Service Plumber to performdiagnoses, repairs, maintenance and installations of medium-sized more complex commercial plumbing systems and/or equipment. The selected candidate will work with various types of tools, gauges, measuring equipment under guidance from a service supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with diagnosing plumbing system performance through observation, testing and setup.
- Assists with commercial plumbing equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system
- Must be able to receive written and verbal instructions.
- Helps maintain inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Maintains personal performance agreement with immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have or have the ability to get an Apprentice Card
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to take instruction from your supervisor
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Location: Dallas, TX