Burlington Stores, Inc. Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising in Dallas, Texas
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Stores Inc. If you are interested in a career in retail, consider joining one of the largest off price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor, and everything for baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. With nearly 600 stores, we're always looking for good talent that can drive results.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As part of the management team, the Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store. Main responsibilities include Selling Floor, Recovery, Sizing, Fitting Rooms, Home, Baby, Accessories, Shoes, and assisting in management of all areas of store operations as needed.
FOCUS OF POSITION:
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and staff, building strong teams and partnerships through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by taking ownership and pride in the company and getting things done
Ensure team is delivering excellent customer service and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maximize sale results through managing associates on the sales, markdown and merchandising associate teams.
- Monitor the store’s sales performance on a daily basis utilizing all available sales reports
- Provide guidance to the merchandising team associates to expedite the flow of merchandise from the receiving area to the sales floor
- Coordinate sales promotions activities, floor sets and ensure accurate pricing of store merchandise
- Oversee floor moves, preparation of merchandise displays and presentations, exercising judgment and discretion in applying merchandising concepts and guidelines
- Communicate with regional business partners to resolve store issues, obtain guidance for store merchandising best practices including comparative shopping analysis, fast and slow selling classifications and styles, planning and adjusting stock levels, and customer requests
- Oversee and promote sales contests to achieve goals established by the corporate office
- Support in the recruitment and hiring of qualified applicants to meet the store’s needs
- Train, coach and develop associates on the sales, merchandising and markdown teams in partnership with all members of management
- Responsible for ensuring Fitting Room is neat, organized and ready for shoppers and free of clutter
- Manage associates to ensure merchandise is Sized in compliance to standards
- Ensure signage is appropriately placed and updated as needed
- Manage Recovery process throughout day and at close of store; ensure package merchandised is sealed
- Ensure ticketing is accurate and up to date
- Merchandise to standards, including but not limited adjacencies, flow of merchandise, front entrance set ups
- Manage Baby Registry creating positive shopping experience
- Manage Mismates for shoes and clothing; manage mismates program and work with associates to size/match shoes and clothing minimizing mismates
- Drive Customer Service by coaching to desired behaviors
- Seek opportunities and solutions to improve overall store experience with emphasis on greet, friendliness and speed of checkout
- Assist with scheduling associates and maintaining integrity in all scheduling functions, ensuring schedules and Payroll budgets are compliant with company standards
- Oversee and participate in department inventories
- Monitor all areas of possible loss due to theft, shoplifting, freebagging, fraud, and/or carelessness
- Safeguard company assets by properly securing the facility and all areas containing sensitive or highly confidential information
Any other tasks as assigned from time to time SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and teach those behaviors
- Ability to merchandise effectively
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and register system
- Ability to develop and train workforce, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to workforce
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to workforce
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above REQUIREMENTS:
2+ years of Retail Management experience within a Big Box or Specialty environment, with the ability to manage a multi-million dollar sales volume
- Fashion Apparel merchandising experience
- Availability to meet minimum scheduling requirements as set forth by the company, including nights weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Travel required – as needed
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect , offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Stores Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Location: Dallas, TX
Address: 3662 W Camp Wisdom Rd
Requisition ID: 373-1077961
Posting Date: 10/17/2016