Diebold, Inc. Associate Physical Security Service Technician - Houston, TX in Dallas, Texas
Are you looking for a real opportunity? It’s time to consider Diebold! As a global leader in integrated self-service solutions we offer employees more – more recognition, more rewards, more opportunities. Here’s your chance to join our dynamic team!
Right now, we are seeking a Physical Security Technician who will provide on-site maintenance and repair services to Diebold customers within an assigned territory. In this role, you will perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned products, such as safes, locks, under-counter teller equipment, safe deposit boxes, and vaults. You will be expected to follow call handling and call closure procedures consistently while promoting a high quality of service. In addition, you will prioritize calls and act decisively on behalf of the customer from call origination to call closure.
Your essential functions will include:
- Conduct cleaning and drilling of safe deposit boxes.
- Provide key duplications.
- Change batteries on electronic locks
- Clear jams in After Hours Depositories
- Conduct cleaning and basic maintenance of vaults, safe deposit boxes and undercounter teller equipment
- Install lock and door hardware to include mechanical and electronic door locks, door closures, emergency exit devices and DETEX alarms.
- Install CENCON locks on ATM chest
- Install new locks on safes and chests
- Assist in simple and complex installations
- Engage in team meetings to drive performance improvements
- Achieve monthly service performance metrics
- Use various hand and power tools; occasionally using ladders
- Maintain parts inventories and anticipate parts required to meet or exceed goals. Assist in inventory management for the service team
- Act as a Notary during service calls where required by customer
Customer Service is a key part of this role. Our technicians must be able to maintain positive interaction with the customer during a service call, customer meetings, and while conducting customer training. If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, we want to hear from you!
Minimum of 1 year vault, safe, lock maintenance and troubleshooting experience required.
Intermediate PC skills using Microsoft Office tools and the ability to navigate through hand held devices applications.
Must be able to read blueprints for drill point requirements.
Must display a strong sense of urgency, organizational skills, and maintain a professional presence.
Must function in a team environment, demonstrating the ability to receive direction from and provide assistance to other team members.
Demonstrate initiative by escalating and resolving issues at the service call level.
May be required to obtain a Notary Public designation in areas where required by customer.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, occasionally lifts heavy loads, bend, stoop, and reach required.
Ability to pass MVR, background and drug test.
At Diebold, we understand that our employees are our most valuable resource. That’s why we offer competitive compensation packages and a supportive environment with good work-life balance. In addition, we provide opportunities for growth and development so that our employees can continually develop their competencies, skills, and talents, and pursue advancement opportunities.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term Disability Plan
- Salary Continuation Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- College Scholarship Program
- Life Insurance
Diebold, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: United States-TX-Dallas
Req ID: 017194