L-3 Communications Avionics Software Engineer C/L in Dallas, Texas
This is a Contract position!!
Duties and Responsibilities This is a hands on software engineering position. The successful candidate will perform as an Avionics Systems Software Engineer, serving as the technical expert responsible for establishing the system design, and for implementing and/or directing the implementation of real-time image generation and cockpit display solutions for avionics simulation.
- Design, develop, and implement simulated solutions that represent real-world sensor pods that meet training requirements
- Perform general system-level integration and troubleshooting
- Weapon simulation experience including sensors, ASE, and SMS
- Sensor system algorithm development for turret control, platform stabilization, sensor control (focus, field-of-view, filters, image tracking)
- Sensor systems algorithm development, hands on software development, and integration and test of one or more of the following: near and mid-range infra-red, night vision goggles, and image-intensifier simulation, RADAR, and associated environment simulation for interfacing with air vehicle Operational Flight Programs
- Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
- Training System simulation experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related discipline, or equivalent
- 9 plus years of Real-Time development experience
- 9 plus years C , C, Ada, FORTRAN
- 3 plus years Linux environment
- Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
- 5 plus years transforming sensor domain algorithms into software integrated on networked systems
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good communications skills
- DoD Secret Clearance is required
L-3 Link Simulation & Training (L-3 Link) is a division of L-3 Corporation. Headquartered in Arlington, TX, L-3 Link provides Total Training Solutions to government and commercial customers. Our Core capabilities include development of flight simulator devices, mission training for military pilots, commercial pilot training, and schoolhouse development and operation.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide and is a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. L-3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / vet / disability / sexual orientation / gender identity.”
Organization: *Division - LINK Simulation & Training-21000004
Title: Avionics Software Engineer C/L
Requisition ID: 083426
Other Locations: USA-Texas-Arlington, USA-Texas-Fort Worth