EY Billing Specialist in Dallas, Texas
Title: Billing Specialist
Job Number: DAL00411
The Billing Specialist initiates complex client billings in consultation with the Client Serving Executives (CSEs) (and client teams) ensuring invoices are produced accurately, timely, and in accordance with the client and EY’s processes and policies. This position requires solid multi-tasking skills and the ability to balance competing priorities. Workload will include billing and Accounts Receivables (AR) activities for assigned accounts with complex billing and cash application requirements. Position requires a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible.
Success will be measured on delivered exceptional client service and revenue day management of the billing coordinators assigned portfolio.
The Billing Specialist will be required to effectively leverage offshore resources for transaction processing related activities (posting payments, processing invoices).
- Proactively drives the billing process along with the Engagement Manager (or appointed engagement team member)
- Understands and complies with client billing guidelines and relevant EY guidelines
- Tracks and monitors billing agreements as outlined in statement of work (SOW), promptly highlighting approaching fee caps and inconsistencies in agreed upon billing targets.
- Collaborates with Engagement Manager/ Team to research and resolve any disputes or discrepancies in billed amounts
- Performs unbilled and billed reconciliations for complex accounts across multiple service lines
- Researches client-related billing issues preventing issuance of invoices and drive resolution
- Reviews and analyzes data to produce client requested attachments in the client requested format to accompany the invoice
- Resolves any internal billing or GT&E issues impacting billing processing
- Proactively escalates and communicates billing issues to the partner/engagement manager and FMA
- Follow up on aged accounts receivable items and document status of collection as necessary
- Provide direction to offsite resources for correct application of payments and as necessary engages relevant parties to ensure accuracy
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of client payment processes and, in conjunction with the FMA, agrees upon strategies to implement in order to enable prompt payment from customers
- Appropriately escalates issues to and involves the right resources so that action plans can be prepared and agreed upon for implementation
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Assists with special projects as requested
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teaming abilities in virtual environment
- Effective multitasking and prioritization skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word programs as well as the ability to learn billing applications quickly
- Effective organizational, delegation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent worker with ability to thrive in a busy, time-sensitive environment
- Associates Degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 2 years in a specific functional accounting or finance area or a related function
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.