Texas Health Resources Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech (FT) in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking a Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech in the Cardiac Cath Lab Department
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday Variable shifts
Minimum Education Requirements:
Associate degree in Applied Science or an equivalent from an accredited School of Radiology Technology or Cardiovascular Technology
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
ARRT (R), CMRT, or CV Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year of Cardiovascular Tech experience required.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Effective communication with guests, patients, physicians, and team members. Treat guests, patients, employees, and physicians in a manner consistent with Service Excellence guidelines.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information.
• Takes action to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
• Assist Physician with all invasive procedures
• Adapts care measures to reflect age-specific and developmental considerations.
• Performs technical procedures safely, proficiently.
• Assesses the knowledge, skills, and learning needs of team members in relation to the needs and acuity level of patients before the delegation of care.
• Performs as resource/instructor of technical skills.
• Produces documentation that initiates, follows and revises patient's plan of care.
• Produces documentation that supports and meets regulatory requirements.
• Performs time out procedures correctly.
• Identifies realistic and measurable annual goals for professional development.
• Serves as patient advocate.
• Complies with personnel policies; i.e., Attendance, Dress Code
• Communicates per department expectations
• Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Makes timely and appropriate decisions regarding unresolved/difficult patient care issues or conditions.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
• Utilizes evidence-based practice.
• Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and research strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care.
• Uses Collaborative Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and unlicensed assistive personnel.
• Actively participates in formal and informal teaching and evaluation to strengthen clinical competence of self and team members.
• Functions as preceptor (if selected by Unit Manager)
• Uses Unit Based Council communication structure.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, and other customers.
• Flexible with scheduling to help meet departmental/patient needs.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment to meet changing needs of the individual patient or the unit.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.