Whole Foods Market Cashier in Dallas, Texas
Your role will include assisting customers during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at customer service desk on occasion. Additionally you will work to maintain attractive Customer Service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
· Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
· Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time for customers
· Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs
· Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP)
· Keep the Customer Service department clean, well stocked, and organized, change tapes and ribbon as needed, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs
· Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
· Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage
· Support global, regional, and store programs
· Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette
· This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
· Previous Front End or Customer Service experience preferred
· Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers
· Ability to follow instructions and procedures
· Ability to sell proactively
· Ability to learn about natural and organic foods and products
· Effective time management skills
· Strong work ethic and integrity
· Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
· Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
· Use of box cutters
Essential Job Functions:
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Close Date: [[closeDate]]