The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Data Visualization Software Engineer , to join our Advanced Data Analytics team in our Dallas, TX office.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry experts, data scientists, and software engineers to gauge client needs for consuming analytics, understand user profiles, competencies, and priorities
- Utilize analytics to explore data, and identify key trends and insights from multi-faceted, and high-dimensional data, and work with data scientists to create diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive insights
- Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement visualizations that meet client visualization needs, considering composition, color, texture, and optimizing the depth and information density for the target user
- Utilize interactive drill-downs, movements, and highlights to add layers of insight, and engage users to explore data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Information Design, Interaction Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Informatics, Data Science, Computer Science, or similar field with five years of experience, Master's degree with two years of experience or PhD with one year of experience
- Solid analytical skills and basic understanding of statistical and machine learning models
- Ability to perform data tasks, working with a variety of SQL, NoSQL, and HDFS data stores, and preparing data for visualization
- Solid understanding of visual composition and visualizations; familiarity with ethnographic research preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.