Yamaha Corporation of America District Mgr - Band & Orchestral Division in Dallas, Texas
Yamaha has endeavored to produce products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of people worldwide. Its products and services are recognized for superior quality in acoustics, design, technology, craftsmanship, and customer oriented services. These products and services under the brand name of Yamaha are highly regarded by a large number of professionals, institutions, business people within the related industries, and consumers! Yamaha's corporate objective is reflected in everything that it does, which is to contribute to the enrichment of the quality of lives for people around the world.
Yamaha Corporation of America is hiring a District Manager for their Band & Orchestral division. The District Manager (DM) is the face of Yamaha within their territory, responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with dealers, educators, artists, and customers - all of which impact Yamaha’s position in the market and ability to achieve sales goals. Having a stable, established DM with long standing relationships and deep understanding of markets gained from years of experience within a territory is an invaluable asset. The territory for this position is Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales objectives within a sales territory by product by model by month.
- Coordinate a sales target that will result in meeting or exceeding the territory sales objective. Work with each dealer to reach agreement on the target. Assist each dealer in developing a sales and promotion plan.
- Maintain an image of professionalism by promoting good relations with all dealers, educators and artists within the sales territory, helping to ensure long-term productivity of the territory.
- Assist the dealer on an ongoing basis in the following business areas:
- Inventory Control
- Proper selection and training of sales staff
- Professional sales techniques
- Merchandising and display
- Advertising and Promotion
- Document all important activities to insure that all information vital to the successful operation of Yamaha is reported to the appropriate individual/department.
- Travel Expenses - weekly
- Visits and phone calls in lieu of visits - weekly
- Competitive information - monthly
- Implement an organized plan for visits and communication to the territory’s dealer network and provide the proper amount of support based on sound business judgment to achieve the sales objective.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Yamaha business systems and documents.
- Call on national accounts within the sales territory and report activity to the appropriate contact.
Call on educators, institutions, and key influencers within the territory as necessary to promote expand Yamaha’s overall position within the marketplace.
Music background i.e. music retail and/or music education experience preferred.
- Retail management experience or wholesale sales experience.
- Interpersonal/communication skills both written and oral.
- Current knowledge of selling and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of Yamaha and competitive vendors’ products.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills including MS Office and email protocol (Oracle or SalesForce software proficiency preferred).
- Travel required-up to 75% of the time.