DEAN FOODS COMPANY Enterprise Master Data Administrator in Dallas, Texas
As part of the BI & Master Data team, you will be a key member of Dean Foods’ IT solutions delivery team. In this role, you’ll have opportunities to develop a deep understanding of Dean Foods’ business objectives and strategies and design and build master data management solutions to support them. We are looking for a candidate with a blend of technical, business, and interpersonal skills who really loves data.
Enterprise Master Data Admin understands end-to-end master data processes and flows and uses that knowledge to design and implement master data management solutions. Provides business process, system support and data quality governance for master data through data coordination and integration to ensure efficient processes and consistent data flows to business and stakeholders. Ensures data integrity and compliance by performing data cleansing, data audit and/or data validation, administering and maintaining the master data tables with database administrator assistance. Performs root-cause analysis on master data related system problems and recommends or executes corrective action. Collaborates with ERP team in the creation and implementation of new or revised designs that affect master data. Conducts testing and system validation to troubleshoot issues related to master data management and system. Identifies and implements process improvements in relation to master data processes, working with business roles, master data stewards, and owners to do so. Identifies, reviews, and evaluates master data management metrics. Working with data architects and database administrators, recommends ways to strengthen data integrity, quality and availability across the enterprise. Provides training and support on master data process to solution development team, business relationship managers, and end users as required.
• Working with data architects and database administrators, recommend ways to strengthen data integrity, quality and availability across the enterprise
• Outline, with business data stewards and owners, appropriate governance and control strategies
• Profile and assess master data across the enterprise for quality, consistency, accuracy and compliance and communicate the findings and risks/opportunities to the broader team.
• Design and develop consistent reference data and master data definitions in Maestro MDM tool.
• Design and develop verifications, business rules, mastering and survivorship strategies as well as security for all the master data segments using Profisee Maestro MDM tool.
• Design and develop interfaces to integrate Maestro MDM with other ERP and BI systems within the company.
• Partner with business relationship managers and the business partners to design and implement data governance framework for master data management across the entire company.
• Continually evaluate new technologies and practices to meet current and future master data management needs.
• Develop and implement master data management solutions, including data entry and control
• Provide business process, system support and data quality governance for master data through data coordination and integration to ensure efficient processes and consistent data flows to business and stakeholders
• Ensure data integrity and compliance by performing data cleansing, data audit and/or data validation, administering and maintaining the master data tables with database administrator assistance
• Perform root-cause analysis on master data related system problems and recommend or execute corrective action
• Collaborate with ERP team in the creation and implementation of new or revised designs that affect master data entry, storage, or consumption
• Conduct testing and system validation to troubleshoot issues related to master data management and systems
• Identify and implement process improvements in relation to master data processes
• Identify, review and evaluate master data management metrics
Building Capabilities (10%)
• Stay up-to-date on master data management best practices, technologies, and tools
• Provide support on master data processes and solutions to solution development team, business relationship managers, and end users as required
• Mentor peers to help them build capabilities
• Improve efficiency of team
• High school diploma, GED or vocational training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (Preferred)
• 5 or more years of work experience
• 5 or more years of work experience in IT, including at least 3 years of experience in a business intelligence or data warehousing development and support function
• Experience working with at least one of the major MDM tools (Profisee Maestro, Oracle DRM, Informatica MDM, Tibco MDM etc.)
• Experience with ETL, ERP, data warehouse/data mart life cycles and methodologies, master data management systems required (Informatica or SSIS is a plus)
• Experience working with entry and control of master data in a centralized IT system
• Experience working with the workflow associated with the entry and governance of master data
• Understands the concepts behind validation of data at point of entry and governance of storing master data in a system of record
• Ability to perform master data management and administration tasks
• Previous experience in performing business analysis, data analysis, data management, data quality management and/or process improvement
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand and document business data requirements in complete, accurate, extensible, and flexible logical data models
• Understanding of the full software development project lifecycle and methodologies
• Able to facilitate discussions between small groups of IT and business people, recognize issues of conflict and inconsistency between data requirements, and pursue a resolution of these issues
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Effective troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good time management skills (i.e. works efficiently)
• Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
• Food and beverage industry experience preferred
• Position is based in Dallas, TX; no relocation assistance is provided
• Experience with Profisee Maestro MDM tool
• Visual Studio, C#, .NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
• IIS, ASP.NET, SharePoint Development, Windows Workflow Foundation 4.5
• Experience with data blending and visualization tools like Microstrategy, Cognos, Alteryx, & Tableau
• Hands on experience with Erwin data modeling tool
• Testing methods experience
• Consulting experience
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Requisition ID: 5807