Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Financial Reporting Specialist, CG-0301-14 (Permanent) in Dallas, Texas
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- 1 vacancy - Dallas, TX
Work Schedule is Competitive Service, - Full-Time, Permanent.
Opened Thursday 10/6/2016 (13 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/20/2016 (1 day(s) away)
About the Agency
This position is located in the Division of Resolutions and Receiverships, Dallas Regional Office and performs duties as a key leader in DRR Financial & Management Reporting in formulating and recommending overall management reports, policies and procedures related to the financial activities of the Corporation. Provides management reporting advice to the Manager, Financial & Management Reporting and deals with broad areas of highly complex accounting and financial management policies and plans.
The range of pay shown includes base pay plus supplemental locality adjustments. The locality rate for the Dallas, TX area is 17.41%.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
Primary duties include:
- Leads in the development and preparation of highly complex reports and conducts analytical studies highlighting DRR status and performance management, as well as reports for other DRR organizations to help manage their programs.
- Utilizes highly complex computer reporting programming languages, as well as spreadsheet, database and graphics software in the development of highly complex reports from various data sources. Develops comprehensive training programs for other Division staff, as needed, to run programs and software for updating financial and management reports. The incumbent provides technical advice and guidance on highly complex accounting, asset inventory and reporting systems.
- Serves as a team leader in the resolution of highly complex financial and management reporting problems as appropriate, and oversees the preparation of accounting, financial analysis, and special analytical reports for presentation to Executive and Senior management and the Board.
- Leads projects in the coordination and implementation of recommended changes deemed necessary to improve reporting records and internal control effectiveness within the Division. The incumbent serves as a Division liaison and works closely with the appropriate Corporate or external personnel to test and evaluate new software technology.
- Manages training programs for staff members and reviews work of other staff members who contribute to the financial and management reports. Leads multiple complex special projects as assigned by management to ensure the financial and management reporting program is effective and efficient. Ensures information needed by the Division's management is available for decision making. The incumbent is a principal lead in meetings with Corporate and Division management staff, outside contractors and external clients.
- 50% or Greater
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Relocation benefits will be provided.
- Incumbent may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
- Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
- Employment Conditions
- Registration with the Selective Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
Qualified applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 13 or above in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience as a developer using WebFOCUS language or similar industry standard reporting tools such as Business Objects to create complex, state of the art financial reporting systems, dashboards and reports.
There is no substitution of education for the required experience qualification requirements above.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application on-line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through USAJOBS by signing in and selecting "Application Status." Thank you for your interest in working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Review our benefits
Relocation benefits will be provided.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
Salary Range: $112,701.00 to $186,473.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: CG-0301-14/14
Promotion Potential: 14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: All United States Citizens. (Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion vacancy announcement number 2016-DAL-B0114. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.)
Control Number: 452618900
Job Announcement Number: 2016-DALD-B0113