TD Industries Inc HVAC Service Technician III (Chiller Technician) in Dallas, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a skilled HVAC Service Technician III to join our growing service team in Dallas, TX. If you are seeking to be a part of an organization that is committed to career growth, we invite you to apply.
This position independently performs diagnoses, repairs, maintenance and installations of medium-sized more complex commercial and/or residential air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical systems and/or equipment. Works with various types of tools, gauges, measuring equipment under guidance from a service supervisor. Reports to a Service Manager. Performs other duties as required by the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup.
- Disassembles and reassembles medium commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system.
- Give and receive written and verbal instructions.
- Complete work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials or equipment used to perform the service.
- Explains the service charges and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Operate a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Purchase materials and issue purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintain inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Reconcile work order documents, vendor packing slips and weekly timesheets for supervisor review.
- Maintain personal performance agreement with immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and competence on the skill based pre‑employment exam.
- Proficiency and competence to effectively diagnose, repair, install and maintain commercial HVAC, refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing systems and/or equipment.
- Five (5) - Ten (10) years mechanical, plumbing and/or electrical system/equipment work experience
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair all types of HVAC equipment including Screw Chillers, Centrifugal Chillers, RTU's, Pumps, Chilled Water Systems, Boilers, VAVs, and Cooling Towers
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 5 years experience and training.
- Maintains on-going required continued education, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
- Ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and the customer.
- Good math, verbal, written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Location: Dallas, TX