Westat ISAS - Field Interviewer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 11509BR
Job Title ISAS - Field Interviewer
City TX - Dallas
Job Status Part-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated and detail-oriented individuals to collect data for the International Survey of Adult Skills (ISAS) project. ISAS is a cyclical, large-scale study of adult skills and life experiences focusing on education and employment. ISAS participants are asked survey questions about their educational background, their work history, the skills they use on the job and at home, their civic engagement, and their sense of their health and well-being. In addition, ISAS participants complete an assessment that is designed to compare adults over a broad range of abilities, from simple reading to complex problem-solving skills.
The primary role of the ISAS field interviewer will be to screen pre-selected households and conduct in-person interviews with sampled adult members. Interviewers are responsible for contacting these households in-person to gain cooperation – setting appointments, and conducting interviews using a Westat-provided laptop computer. Interviewers report regularly to a field supervisor, complete and submit administrative paperwork, and comply with data security and confidentiality requirements.
· At least 18 years old
· Available to attend in-person training March 4 – 10, 2017
· Available to complete Web-based training prior to in-person
· Be available to work during the data collection period from March 2017 through August 2017
· Be available to work 20 - 25 hours per week during weekdays, evenings, and weekends when work is available
· Be willing to travel locally for project work
· Be able to meet physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry 15 pounds of equipment and materials
o Walk several blocks, and
o Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment.
· Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long distance calling feature, either landline or cellular
· Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed Internet connection
· Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle
· Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension, and
· Have basic computer proficiency.
· Previous interviewing or public contact experience highly preferred
· Be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
· Be comfortable using a laptop computer and establishing Wi-Fi connections in various locations
· Be comfortable working in unfamiliar locations, and knocking on doors
· Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and
· Be able to work independently
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for this position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
This is a base rate position. Hourly rate is dependent on where work is performed. This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Requisition ID 16096