XO Communications IT Support Administrator II (Contractor) - 841 in Dallas, Texas
General Summary: Performs moderately complex assignments in a technical discipline to service customers or support company operations. Applies advanced technical skills and knowledge of company procedures and practices to execute assignments. Performs under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide Tier 2 support for the desktop environment.
• Project related support, including over-all project calendar development and management
• Responsible for coordinating on-going operations and maintenance support tasks
• Installation and configuration of all software running on standard workstations and responsibility of maintaining those complex systems.
Education: High school degree, college completion or equivalent strongly preferred
Licensures: MCSE Certification or equivalent work experience
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Supervise Staff? No
If yes, please provide list of titles and count.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
• Microsoft Office Applications
• General working knowledge of software applications.
• Laptop/Desktop breakfix
• Server administration
• Requires a full operational understanding of Windows XP
• Virtual Machine
• Windows 7
• Windows 8
Other Job Specific Skills
• Proficient knowledge of MS O/S’s
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
• Proficient in utilizing PC support products Proficient in laptop VPN/dial-in troubleshooting
• Call-tracking experience, (pref. Remedy Problem Management System)
• Active Directory Experience a plus
XO is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, age, gender identity, or any other applicable basis that is protected by foreign, federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Back to top