The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Business Tax Services practice.
Responsibilities for Both:
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients; build and manage client relationships
- Manage teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects
- Help manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and the budget for projects
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Help assess tax impact on clients, develop tax arguments to support conclusions, and suggest plans to clients
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm, presenting a positive image of self and KPMG
Additonal Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Perform FAS 109 accounting for the income tax of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and non-SEC clients
- Understand and analyze the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) rules affecting the taxpayer
Qualifications for Both:
- Previous experience as a Tax Manager with a public accounting firm; corporate tax experience in the Financial Services industry specifically funds/private equity and real estate
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn’t currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- Exceptional skills in reviewing 1120, 1120S, 1120-REIT and 1065 tax returns, including complex partner allocations
- Applied working knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, C-Corp tax regulations and FAS-109
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information; experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of corporate tax experience with a well regarded accounting and/or law firm
- Excellent research and writing skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.