FreshPoint Marketing Associate in Dallas, Texas
JOB TITLE – JOB CODE:
Director Of Sales
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help FreshPoint customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Director of Sales
Inside Sales Department
Customers (internal and external)
Value Added Department
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Lift/carry laptop and product weighing 1-40 lbs, occasionally up to 75 lbs, to and from car, warehouse, customer locations, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience
- 6 months of outside sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver's license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- Previous FreshPoint or sister company experience
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Restaurant management / chef experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in similar role strongly preferred
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Location: Texas - Dallas
Job Code: SLS142
# of openings: 1