Yamaha Corporation of America Mgr, Regional Sales in Dallas, Texas
Yamaha has endeavored to produce products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of people worldwide. Its products and services are recognized for superior quality in acoustics, design, technology, craftsmanship, and customer oriented services. These products and services under the brand name of Yamaha are highly regarded by a large number of professionals, institutions, business people within the related industries, and consumers! Yamaha's corporate objective is reflected in everything that it does, which is to contribute to the enrichment of the quality of lives for people around the world.
The Region Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for achievement of company sales and profit goals for assigned accounts within the territory for Yamaha Audio Video division. Main responsibilities include management of direct and indirect salespeople in addition to sales responsibility for key CE accounts. The RSM is also responsible for managing on-going aspects of the Yamaha business in most of the Southern and Midwestern United States.
The responsibilities of the RSM include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage action plans for key accounts to achieve corporate goals for sales and profit.
- Manage activities of assigned salespeople to achieve corporate goals for sales and profit within the region.
- Work with key accounts to develop and implement your region activities to assure effective sell-in and sell-through of Yamaha products.
- Work with National Sales Manager (NSM) to develop promotional activities and budgets and manage those promotional budgets to maximize sales while effectively utilizing those funds to meet profitability targets.
- Create and maintain a Profitability Analysis for all key accounts within the territory.
- Work directly with accounts and with Yamaha internal personnel to develop and maintain an accurate PSI forecast.
- Maintain close working relationships with all key accounts in the territory so that a continuous flow of useful business information is achieved.
- Work closely with internal Yamaha employees across all aspects of the business in support of your accounts including marketing, order entry, customer care, logistics and credit.
- Provide timely communication of relevant business conditions to management as they occur.
- Provide a written monthly report about current conditions within territory. This should include retail promotional activity, competitive activity (products and programs) and any other relevant business information.
Provides specific reporting needs to include, written summary directly following meetings with key accounts. Provide monthly report for the region. Provide bi-monthly sales forecast for the region.
Must have at least 5 years of sales experience.
- Must have outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Must have strong forecasting and analytical skills.
- Must have strong field sales force management skills.
- Must be highly organized and be capable of managing multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must have a thorough understanding of both retail and wholesale side of Consumer Electronics.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the custom installation channel.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able and available to occasional work on the weekends.
- Significant travel is required within the region and periodic travel to trade shows or business events in support of assigned accounts. Travel requirement could be as high as 50%.
- Business degree preferred.
- Texas resident preferred.