MV Transportation Operational Planning Analyst in Dallas, Texas
This position will provide strategic analysis and schedule planning using the latest MV supported technology to support operational efficiencies. He or she will work directly with operational staff to understand the opportunities and develop action plans designed to address issues and reap benefits. This person will help drive company-wide initiatives such as reducing overtime and non-revenue hours, and reducing liquidated damages. The position reports to IT Special Projects Manager.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work to enhance data and systems required for analytics, optimized scheduling and runcutting.
- Define measurement, analysis, and reporting frameworks based upon roles and needs.
- Ability to understand relationships between various data attributes and underlying detail to combine separate data sets together for complete analyses.
- Utilize financial and operational data to provide insights into current business trends and opportunities to influence strategies and decisions.
- Support process improvement initiatives and implement processes that allow us to analyze the profitability of certain decisions and monitor the cost drivers.
- Leverage consultative skills to ensure customers, internal and external, possess the most recent information and employ best practices in the use of the MV supported technology and business practices; ensuring that technology is optimized for maximum value.
- Deliver educational programs to continuously increase both internal and external customer use of the MV product line suite through the use of e-Learning and digital content delivery methods and certifications.
- Complete tasks and assignments to ensure that both the company and customer's business objectives are being met through on-site and remote training and technical support.
- Collaborate with project team members to develop, test, debug, and document new software features for training and deployment.
Talent Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Analysis, Finance, or a related quantitative field. Additional related work experience may, at the sole discretion of the company, be considered in lieu of the stated educational requirement.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- A track record of combining vision with creativity to deliver innovative results and deploy analytical insights.
- Demonstrated use of advanced business modeling methods.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders, and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability to meet rapidly changing challenges in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Excellent technology skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Access and Excel including pivot tables and Vlookups
- Familiarity and experience with Tableau, SQL and other data query tools.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- ERP experience is a plus.
- Lawson experience is a plus.
- Transportation industry experience is a plus.
- Position may include frequent travel.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
CATEGORY: Information Technology, Other, Transportation
POSTING ID: TNOPERA29767_1476311855
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified